Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now you'll be caught up on my life!

First of all, let me say that I was finally forced to join whatever century this is when my hand-me-down MP3 player (it was my dad's) finally bit it (think Walkman without a tape deck size) and I invested in an IPod shuffle for the gym. It's adorably tiny. However not only was my former portable music player old school, I usually rocked flat headphones with it and the ones that come with the shuffle are the earbuds. I spent roughly the first third of my 35 minute treadmill time (trust me, more walking then jogging) trying to jam the things in my ears so they would stay. I'm sure the man next to me was very impressed. (I spent the remaining two thirds fidgeting with my pants and underwear. Of all the useful things I learned in Catholic school, not giving a flying f*** what people think of me is the most useful and comes in handy when you're de-wedgieing yourself every 3 minutes. And pulling my pants up since I also got my dad's flat ass.) Unfortunately the remote for the shuffle is on the headphones, though probably no one would be surprised if Problem Underwear Girl became Ear Rubber Bands Girl.

Second of all, this is the song I'm praying comes on the radio lately while I'm driving. It's off the solo effort from the lead singer of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, Alec Ounsworth. Since I'm a sucker for a good repeated phrase, it's right up my alley. See if you can figure out what it is! That will keep you busy while I'm shoving things in my ears.

No comments: