Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gettin back in the game

Oh I've been horrid about posting. No bueno. I saw The September Issue the other weekend and loved it. While at said movie I saw a couple of interesting previews. One is for this new movie Precious which is brought to you by Oprah and Tyler Perry, which means to get to the inspirational message of it you have to sit through hopelessly depressing build up. I've worked with enough women and kids who have gone through such things that I do not care to watch it. However this is my second time seeing said preview and only upon second viewing did I realize the dumpy looking social worker is Mariah Carey.

The other preview was for Chris Rock's new comedy-documentary Good Hair. I've also worked with enough black girls to know that they do some shiz to their hair. Using stuff that smells toxic. Now, I went to see September Issue in an independent theather located in the suburb where I work which is seemingly populated by uppity old high class white people who have enough money to blow on everything but tipping properly, and they were all laughing at the trailer, so you know it's going to be interesting.