Sunday, January 31, 2010

Swoonworthy, now with a message

I had the good fortune on Friday night to finally see Mason Jennings perform and, let's face it, the man is just extremely good looking. But he's also talented, of course. I about peed my skinny jeans when he opened with a cover of "Atlantic City" by Bruce Springsteen. And yes, I cried, mainly because he pulled a one-two punch and played "The Field" and "Pittsburgh" right after each other and each on their make me tear up so together, total devastation. If you too could use a good emotional moment, then by all means watch this video. I don't know if there's a place to vote for Official War Anthems but this is certainly my pick. That having been said, break out a tissue. Unless songs don't make you cry. But if this one doesn't at least stir a little something in you, then good luck with your dry black heart.

No comments: