Sunday, May 24, 2009

In which I debate haircuts, AGAIN





Well, it's that time of year again. The time of year in which I realize my preferred hairstyle is pulled back even when I'm not at work, and the ends are clearly dead, and yes, I need my annual haircut. Which then means I go Google Image crazy. I tend to put "Long bangs, short back" in the search engine (can't do short bangs, got the widow's peak and the crazy cowlick!) and lately it turns up a lot of emo boys. Yeah, I barely wear eyeliner now. Pass.

So then I turn to the time-honored tradition of the celebrity haircut. Of course then you have to remember a lot of them have people who style their hair, especially in photo opps, and I of course don't have that. Furthermore I won't do it for myself. I found a cute one of Renee Zellweger though she's got crazy mouth, and I think her hair has some natural curl to it. I like my hair messy and wavy but that requires our good friends hair product and time, two things I tend to refuse when it comes to the old noggin. Let's face it, if it's short enough I don't even run my broken comb through it half the time, and then even when I do Mick and I still do the old "Don't you want to brush you hair beore we go?"/"I just did!" routine.

It appears that two people I'm liking are Elisha Cuthbert and Katie Holmes. I even found a photo of Elisha that says she was rocking Katie hair. Anyway if you want to give me any other ideas, there's still time as part of the annual hair cut process is settling on where to go that's cheap and raking up the money. Rent's due in a week, so...it's looking like next month!

2 comments:

Alli said...

I'm thinking about a hair cut too. I want bangs again but I'm not sure what i'll do with them when I'm lazy. wavy hair + bangs+ laziness= hideous hair

Traci said...

I think you should just go for it and do a classic pixie. a la Posh recently.