Thursday, April 2, 2009

Some say hate, I say love

I am reliving Kanye's Storytellers, showing Brett my favorite part of the hour: 

During "Touch the Sky" Kanye pontificates- "I am so disappointed that I can not see me perform except for on playback.  My greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see me perform.  So you are welcome to know a pleasure that I will never have."

Now, some people would say that is why they don't like Kanye- his ego is out of control, he's played out and he has an entitlement issue.  But- this is the exact reason I LOVE Kanye- he knows the ego is ridiculous (but I happen to think he can back it up), he can make fun of himself (in retrospect anyway) and his talent is somehow enhanced by the ego. On which side of the fence do you fall?

I am just really sad that I will never get to read my posts, I can only write them.  You all are so lucky. Really.  

No comments: