Saturday, November 22, 2008

And so's your old Pac-man!

Well, Thanksgiving is almost here which means Christmas directly follows. There's already a station here playing Christmas music 24/7 (best believe whenever "All I want for Christmas is you" by Mariah comes on I crank that) and ABC Family is already bragging up all the odd looking original movies they have. Me, I'm all about the Christmas cartoon specials. I usually watch The Powerpuff Girls "Twas the fight before Christmas" at least two times and you know we rock the Peanuts (we even got the Charlie Brown tree). Sadly I don't believe we get the Boomerang network here which plays old-school cartoons all the time, but they do have it at my dad's house in Fargo so I get to see Christmas specials from The Smurfs, Pac-Man, so on and so forth. And of course there's the 24 Christmas Story marathon. The last birthday I had in L.A. we attempted a drinking game while we watched Christmas Story. I say attempted because I didn't make it through after I had the brilliant idea to add "take a drink whenever anyone says So's your old man!" to the list we already found on the internet. We're going to do it again this year during Thanksgiving vacay so we may have to revise the list. I can't remember the entire thing but I know they drink whenever Randy whines and of course whenever they say "You'll shoot your eye out!" I think they had whenever their dad swears too. No wonder I never made it through. This year we're adding pizza. That will either help me stay up by cushioning the alcohol intake or leave me with a nice taste in my mouth after I puke and pass out. Oh, Christmas.

No comments: