Tuesday, November 11, 2008

King of the road

I watched Into the Wild with Kate and our friend Leah this weekend; neither of them had seen it before. I saw it in the theaters with my dad and the bf. It broke my damn heart. I feel like a poser because I still haven't read the book. I mean you go between agreeing with some of the things that he says and thinks and does and then you just want to slap him for a bunch of it. After we watched it this particular weekend I did some reading up on the film and the book (I do love Wikipedia and IMDB) but Kate did me one better and found this article from Outside mag. If you like the movie it's definitely worth a read. And one day I'll read the book too.

I bet Rory Gilmore has read it.
Oh, Rory.

2 comments:

Alli said...

The book is aight...the problem with it is that it's a lot of hypothesizing (sp) from the author but it has some really great moments. I personally liked the movie better...so beautiful

Anonymous said...

Into the Wild also stars Kristen Stewart (Bella in Twilight).