Friday, November 28, 2008

Girl Meets Topanga

I wish.

Topanga Lawrence, or, the lovely lady who played Topanga Lawrence, has been trying to get in my brain for a few years now.

First- the names. Topanga AND Danielle Fishel (which I have been incorrectly pronouncing so it rhymes). Try to get THOSE out of your head. Can't can ya?

Second- the hair. Nuff said.

Ms. Fishel's first attempt was through a humorous piece of fiction I read on the internet called The Topanga Files. It has been awhile but I believe it was letters from a Topanga stalker. Of course, I can no longer find the Topanga Files on the internet. Damn.

In her second attempt, Danielle got arrested for DUI becoming another in a long line of long forgotten celebrities who comes back into the public eye through an arrest. Hey guys- buzzed driving IS drunk driving.

Next- my brother and/or sister in law told me about The Dish. "It is like The Soup but for girls" was how they described it to me. Loving The Soup, I wanted to check it out. But my memory is shorter than a goldfish's, so it wasn't until Brett Bretterson thoughtfully DVRed it for me so I could watch it at my leisure that I got to see the genius that is:

Danielle Fishel. Funny Commentator Lady.

If you get the Style network- watch it. I am falling in love with Topanga all over again. So I was thinking of maybe mentioning it on the old b-log when SUDDENLY, THIS WEEK............

Danielle did a plug for OVARIAN CANCER RESEARCH at the end of her show. This girl can do no wrong. I am on this kick now where I am desparately searching for products, companies, celebrities, fund raisers, events, races, whatever that benefit ovarian cancer research.

For YEARS it has been breast cancer this and wear pink that- this is very important- I am aware. Don't get me wrong- I understand that we needed to raise awareness and get funding and all that ish, but now I think the fact that EVERYTHING produced in the month of October in pink means we have done a GREAT job in building the awareness. I think this is an easier task than for ovarian cancer because it does affect so many women (and men for that matter), so bravo, thanks Susan G. Kommen's family, lets take this energy and direct some towards ovarian cancer. First and foremost, a reliable screening needs to be developed to detect this cancer. Let's get on it.

Cut back to Topanga love- at the end of the Dish this week, Danielle gave a shout out to run for her, a race/walk to benefit ovarian cancer research. This definitely put her over the wall of blogworthy versus not blogworthy. Thanks, Danielle! Let me know if I can knit you a teal scarf!

And the rest of you- look into the battle against ovarian cancer. It is a very scary thing because it is very hard to detect in early stages. I expect to see a hell of a lot more teal next September- yeah- ovarian cancer has a month too!

No comments: