Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Buckets, or boxes?

OK, so, did anybody else watch The Tom Green Show on MTV? Actually that's misleading. Did anybody else ever SEE The Tom Green Show? I saw like one episode, and somehow managed to catch that one episode twice. Every once in awhile, like tonite at work, random parts of it pop into my head. The first is when he started yelling about how he found out where babies come from and then proceeded to run out of a cave clutching armfuls of plastic baby dolls yelling, "I like to THROW them!" and then, of course, proceeding to throw them. Specifically at cars. I think one of them knocked a guy's hood ornament off.

The other was this really weird Man On The Street kind of thing, I can't remember the entire set-up, but I do recall him asking people, repeatedly, "Buckets or boxes?" And then he'd say "Will it stick?" and try to glue something to a 2 by 4 and then yell, "It stuck!" So at work, all night, in my head, I could hear Tom Green yelling, "Buckets or boxes? Buckets or boxes? Will it stick? IT STUCK!" And every once in awhile an "I like to THROW them!" would sneak in there. It was actually really hard not to walk around asking people, "Buckets or boxes?" And then I think he had a globe and would point out places on it to a manhole cover telling it where he was going to send it to. I tried to find either skit on Utube but lost patience really fast.

Andy Milonakis had some real Tom Green potential. The only skits I remember from that is his own Man On The Street where he said, "Know what I'm sayin?" to random people over and over again. Sometimes I pull that and it really annoys people. The other one, and this is truly a classic, I did manage to find here for you viewing pleasure:

3 comments:

Alli said...

We watched this together! This man child really could've done something...I wonder what he's doing now...

karL said...

sometimes i think john stamos shouldve just stayed in that tree. forever. seriously, learn to hang it up!

Anonymous said...

Found it here. I love this sketch.

http://www.tomgreen.com/?video=1042

codak29@aol.com