Friday, November 14, 2008

He ain't no hollaback girrrrl

One of my fav things about Gilmore Girls is how music is such a big thing (remember the troubadours taking over the town square much to Taylor's chagrin?). Today's morning re-run was a prime example, like Rory getting ready to "Kool Thing" by Sonic Youth and Joel from The Brian Jonestown Massacre making a tambourine cameo. But by far the best part, and what could possibly be included on a Top Ten Gilmore Moments List, was Sebastian Bach's rendition of "Hollaback Girl." What other show would have the genius to have the lead singer of Skid Row doing a word-perfect cover of Gwen Stefani? Bonus points for lauding the girl power in it after. And the Hava Nagilia after that (did I mention it was at a bat mitzvah? Brilliant!) didn't suck either. I have a special place for the old Hava in my heart ever since our catholic school chorus class sang it at our spring recital. Having a future Jewish sister-in-law means I have a rocking Jewish wedding to look forward to and best believe, I will be rocking it. Hmmm, I wonder if Sebastian is free...
Runner-up for best moment was the possible creation of CandyShipBattleLand.

Gilmore quote of the day: "You're way deep in my bogus bag and it's ziplocked shut." Mr. Bach, natch.

3 comments:

Traci said...

Every time I watch this episode, that quote almost makes me pee.

Anonymous said...

Say it with me now: "I'm GIL!"

Alli said...

You should've posted the video! I still find it hilarious that sebastian bach is even on the show. I also love that Mrs. Kim is obsessed with music too.