Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stick to books, Clancy!

All right, let me tell you what commercial freaks me out: the one for Tom Clancy's video game "Endgame," which is apparently about the world ending. So it shows graphics from the game, the world about to end and whatnot. The thing that irks me is that over it, they play this old song about the end of the world, only it's actually about a relationship ending. And it's the exact same song Brittney Murphy's character in Girl, Interrupted puts on repeat on her record player when she kills herself and Winona Ryder finds her body. So everytime I see the commercial, I think of that part of the movie, and I get weirded out, and then I realize I'm watching a commercial for some stupid video game. The song isn't even about the world actually ending! It's from the 50's or something, they didn't sing songs about that sh*t! Lame, Tom Clancy video game commercial. Hella lame.

No comments: