Sunday, November 30, 2008

I go through life like a Karate Kid

I just finished watching 'Britney Spears: For the Record' and I only have a few thoughts. First, I dare you to watch it and not come away with even just a slight like for her. She was funny and very human. Second, you can't watch and not feel a tiny bit bad for her. Sure she chose her career but when you see the documentary you see a very real perspective of what life under constant scrutiny is like. It was interesting to watch the fans and paparazzi going nuts outside Britney's car and to see her and her carmates not react at all. Imagine living in a world where you can never really be alone ever...my skin crawls just thinking about it.




So in the face of it all I think at her age she's coming out of the negativity quite well. My favorite part was towards the end when she says she doesn't feel like a victim of her life and she chooses to be a happy person even on her bad days. I watched the doc to see exactly what Britney would say about the past two years and came away oddly inspired.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Is this her senior picture?