Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Best Moments of Inauguration Day 2009


"I'm a lefty. Get used to it."  Obama

"I may not be able to dance but I sure like holding her!" Biden on dancing at a ball with his wife Jill.

"This man was born for this." Beyonce on Obama in tears after her performance. 

"Will.i.am will sing us A New Day and we're going to go see some balls!" Larry King getting to the nitty gritty of the night. (it could have been going to go to some balls but he slurred over it and I like my version better)

"I'd like to dance with the person who's brung me, who does everything I do, but she does it backwards, in heels." Obama trotting out the one-liner pony he rode to every ball. Mr. President, those in attendance at the balls may not see that you are recycling dialogue (though it is green of you) but those with CNN have seen you say that line at 9 balls. 

"we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around ... when yellow will be mellow ... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right." Rev. Joseph Lowery infusing some rhymes into his benediction. This guy rocks. 

"The Fall Out Boys performed..." Usher reporting from the Youth Ball to Larry King, sounding very un-youthful. I guess you have a kid and you lose all touch with the young ones. 

I am going to bed right after the Tim Gunn interview with Larry King is over. I love that LK is staying up late and giving an entire segment to how Tim Gunn views the fashion of all Obamas.