Friday, January 9, 2009

Let the games (almost) begin, Part 2

Often after we watch a movie I start acting like a film geekette and start looking up the trivia on IMDB and any other random info on Wikipedia; inevitably, this leads me to think of other things to look up on both sites--movies, shows, so on, so forth. Anyway of course I ended up looking into Lost and stumbled upon this excellent chart of all the characters. All of them. Upon skimming it, I found a couple of interesting things which you know I of course will relate to you now:

Item 1: In the character summary of Locke, it concludes with the sentence, "Locke apparently dies of an alleged suicide three years after the Oceanic Six leave the island, under the alias of Jeremy Bentham." Wha-wha-wha? Alleged suicide? Did I miss that? It wouldn't surprise me if I did, as so many flippin' things happen on this damned show, but I feel like I would have grasped that. So if this actually is the case, does he do so thinking he'll be reincarnated if brought back to the island? Is it "alleged" because in reality he was killed and it was made to look like a suicide in an attempt to get the Oceanic Six back to the island?

Item 2: Totally forgot that Shannon's father/Boone's stepfather was the one who hit Jack's ex-wife Sarah with his car. This was brought back to me by the Off-Island Characters flow chart, which ALSO led me to THIS:

Item 3: Cassidy Phillips. "Cassidy is a recently divorced woman whom Sawyer cons, despite his loving her. Cassidy then goes to Iowa and meets Kate. Cassidy later has Sawyer arrested and visits him in jail, where she tells him they have a daughter together." A-HA! I vaguely remember some of this! And it leads me to speculate the following: Whatever Sawyer whispers in Kate's ear and we then see Kate trying to take care of behind Jack's back post-island could quite possibly involve this woman and their daughter. You see! You see what I did here?! I, too, can make up theories! Make a note of this, people!

Item 4: Nerd alert! Nerd alert! That would be me.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Well I've heard whispers that people believe Locke dies because the island kicks him off or he has to move the island and thusly gets kicked off. Maybe he knew the six had to go back and that was the only way back. I read an article yesterday that said there is most def a time warp with the island remainders and that it's "perilous"


They also said the kate, sawyer, jack, juliet love square would pick up. "Kate and Jack are picking up their pieces, but she still pines for sawyer"